Programming Bitcoin: Learn How to Program Bitcoin from Scratch
Dive into Bitcoin technology with this hands-on guide from one of the leading teachers on Bitcoin and Bitcoin programming. Author Jimmy Song shows Python programmers and developers how to program a Bitcoin library from scratch. You’ll learn how to work with the basics, including the math, blocks, network, and transactions behind this popular cryptocurrency and its blockchain payment system.
By the end of the book, you’ll understand how this cryptocurrency works under the hood by coding all the components necessary for a Bitcoin library. Learn how to create transactions, get the data you need from peers, and send transactions over the network. Whether you’re exploring Bitcoin applications for your company or considering a new career path, this practical book will get you started.
- Parse, validate, and create bitcoin transactions
- Learn Script, the smart contract language behind Bitcoin
- Do exercises in each chapter to build a Bitcoin library from scratch
- Understand how proof-of-work secures the blockchain
- Program Bitcoin using Python 3
- Understand how simplified payment verification and light wallets work
- Work with public-key cryptography and cryptographic primitives
Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies is Changing the World [Paperback] [Jun 14, 2018] Tapscott, Don,Tapscott, Alex$9.83
Penguin presents the audiobook edition of Blockchain Revolution by Don and Alex Tapscott, read by John Chancer.
The definitive audiobook on how the technology behind bitcoin and cryptocurrency is changing the world – majorly expanded with new material on cryptoassets, icos, smart contracts, digital identity and more.
Blockchain is the ingeniously simple technology behind Bitcoin. But it is much more than that. It is a public ledger to which everyone has access but which no single person controls. It enables companies and individuals to collaborate with an unprecedented degree of trust and transparency. It is cryptographically secure but fundamentally open. And soon it will be everywhere.
In Blockchain Revolution, Don and Alex Tapscott reveal how this game-changing technology will shape the future of the world economy, dramatically improving everything from health-care records to online voting and from insurance claims to royalty payments. Brilliantly researched and highly accessible, this is the essential text on the next major paradigm shift. Listen to it or be left behind.
The world’s banks have adopted a new technology called blockchain. But is it safe? To be sure, they hire cybersecurity super-sleuth Frank Adversego. Soon, he’s faced with massive hacker attacks, a crisis between Russia and the US, and an unstable genius bent on overthrowing global governments to create a brave, new, anarchist world.
Andrew Updegrove brings a rare combination of drama, satire and technical accuracy to his writing. The result is a book you can’t put down that tells you things you might wish you didn’t know.
– Admiral James G. Stavridis, retired Commander, U.S. European Command and NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe, and current Dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
Andrew Updegrove’s Frank Adversego thrillers are realistic page-turners, making it clear that if you’re not worried about cybersecurity you’re not paying attention.
– Internationally renowned security technologist Bruce Schneier
Ready for a change in black economics? Join the Bitcoin revolution. Bitcoin and Black America is a dynamic new book that explores the synergy between black economics, Bitcoin and blockchain technology. The global financial system is changing and the digital revolution will not be televised.Explore how to incorporate Bitcoin into your business, job and educational institution. This book also outlines the need for separation from the racist banking system and a comprehensive list of black professionals actively working in the Blockchain industry.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies provides a comprehensive introduction to the revolutionary yet often misunderstood new technologies of digital currency. Whether you are a student, software developer, tech entrepreneur, or researcher in computer science, this authoritative and self-contained book tells you everything you need to know about the new global money for the Internet age.
How do Bitcoin and its block chain actually work? How secure are your bitcoins? How anonymous are their users? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? These are some of the many questions this book answers. It begins by tracing the history and development of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and then gives the conceptual and practical foundations you need to engineer secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network as well as to integrate ideas from Bitcoin into your own projects. Topics include decentralization, mining, the politics of Bitcoin, altcoins and the cryptocurrency ecosystem, the future of Bitcoin, and more.
- An essential introduction to the new technologies of digital currency
- Covers the history and mechanics of Bitcoin and the block chain, security, decentralization, anonymity, politics and regulation, altcoins, and much more
- Features an accompanying website that includes instructional videos for each chapter, homework problems, programming assignments, and lecture slides
- Also suitable for use with the authors’ Coursera online course
- Electronic solutions manual (available only to professors)